Friday, January 18, 2013

Holy Land Here I Come!

What a whirlwind of a week.  God has truly blessed me beyond what I could have ever comprehended.  I have not posted on this blog site in about 2½ years, but what God has blessed me with is something I need to post for others to hear.

I received a call that I have been chosen, along with 29 other Pastors from across the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), to attend an ALL-EXPENSES paid trip to … the Holy Land!  All expenses paid.  When I was first told I thought it was a joke.  I couldn’t believe it.

The Ministry of Tourism contacted the Executive Committee (EC) Office and spoke with Dr. Frank Page, CEO of the SBC. They want to bring 30 Pastors to the Holy Land with Dr. Page leading the group and my name was chosen.  The Ministry of Tourism wants to get Evangelicals to continue support regardless of what our Government continues to do.  So we will go, then come back and share about our trip with the churches and hopefully encourage them to go and support the Jewish nation.  They chose only men who have never been to the Holy Land before.

After doing some investigating and calling the EC directly and speaking to Dr. Page’s Executive Secretary, I am convinced that this is legit.  I wasn’t sure why God didn’t want me to go on an overseas mission trip this year as He has the past five, but now I know why.  I wasn’t sure why God wanted me to preach a series called “The Road to the Cross” as we lead up to Easter, but now I know why.  I will be able to share with my church details about where Jesus was when He said things we will be reading for the next couple of months.  I am amazed at how good God is.

The trip will be March 6-13, 2013 (or March 6-15, details are not finalized on the return date). Please be in prayer for me as I will be the only Oklahoma pastor represented.  My wife scared me when she said, “So you will be representing Oklahoma Baptists when you go on this trip.”  YIKES!  Pretty scary thought for all Oklahoma Baptists.  But I am so honored and blessed that God has given me this opportunity.  Thanks for taking time to read this and I covet your prayers as we get all the details squared away with this trip.  Thanks and God bless!!!

No comments: